May long weekend!







Well, I am on the countdown to being finished school this year. I am having surgery so my last day is only 9 days away. I am busy working on report cards and organizing my classroom for moving again. I am taking on a new role at our school next year. I am going to be a learning resource teacher. It is a bit scary but I am going to be supporting students in regular education classes and assisting the teachers with those kids. I am excited but it means another move upstairs and no need for all my theme units. I am going to take them home and pack them away in my parents basement for now until I organize my back room again. So this weekend we went to Auntie Mel's house in Aurora. She is a wonderful friend and hostess. WE always feel so spoiled and have so much fun. We arrived on Sat. around 11:30 am. It was great we sat on her porch, chatted, drank lots of diet coke with lime and just enjoyed each others company. Scout was on his best behaviour and so was MacLean of course! WE had a wonderful lunch of chips and dip now that is amazing then we headed to Costco. WE ate our way through the store and I picked up a couple of things. I am looking for a small bar fridge for my new classroom. The one I have now belongs in the special needs room. So I got some prices and feel good about knowing what I am looking for. Then we headed back to Mel's house. WE got the dog out of his crate and headed out for an hour walk to a local park where there is a farmer's market on Sat. mornings. Once home Melissa started her amazing feast. We had a greek dinner with amazing chicken, rice with sesame seeds, naan bread and some great greek salad. Then it was relaxing time and getting ready for the movie Land of the Lost. It was funny and a bit inappropriate but we all enjoyed it and laughed lots. We headed to bed around 11 pm. Scout had a restless night and so that mean't not too much sleep for me but hey that is life with a puppy. Sunday we got up and Mel made an amazing breakfast of pancakes, bacon and fresh fruit. The pancakes were so yummy! I got to take the leftovers home and they are in my freezer right now. WE went for another walk and headed out to fairy lake in Newmarket and passed by our dear friends Julia and Anne Marie's house and we waved as we drove by wishing we could have seen them this weekend as well. Oh well next time! Then after an hour hike in Fairy lake we headed to Tina and Brad's house. They are good friends of Mel's and I had never met them. They have two lovely little girls who loved chasing Scout around the yard. After a great visit we went to a burger place and grabbed food to take back and eat on Melissa's porch. After lunch we headed out around 1:30 pm for home. We got to Stoney Creek and the traffic was stopped heading into Niagara. So our two hour trip took just over three hours. Yuck! Once home we unloaded the car and went for a walk. We stopped at our friends house and visited with Jody for a while. Then Neil came home and invited us back for a campfire later that night. So we headed back around 8:30 pm and enjoyed a campfire with some of the neighbours until about 11 pm. MacLean met the little girl across the street and it seems like they might be fast and furious friends. It was a great way to end a good weekend. Then I rolled out of bed today around 8:30 and sat outside with Scout for a couple of hours. MacLean and I decided to do pedicures and we are heading out for our annual Capri Day walk with my dog walking friends. More pics later on that adventure.
Enjoy the pictures.
Shauna


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home