Thursday, February 18, 2010

Making a Difference!


Ever since our trip back to China in 2007 where MacLean and I traveled and volunteered in an orphanage has lead to many new experiences of speaking to groups and sharing our story of the New Hope Foundation. I have spoken with many University women's groups as well as church groups and recently the Rotary club. Anyway it is always such a pleasure to speak about something that is so dear to our hearts. Recently at school one of the literacy goals of the junior division was to develop interview questions and then interview someone who has made a difference. One of MacLean's classmates and friend decided to interview us and make her poster about us. It was so sweet and special to be honoured in this way. Today it was hanging in the hallway so I snapped a picture of it and wanted to share it with you here.

Shauna and MacLean
xo

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Blogger Anne Marie and Julia Devine said...

It's a wonderful thing for you to continue to share the experience you had in China -- opens up the minds and hearts of many.

That student who interviewed you will remember that information for the rest of her life and share it with others.

well done, my friends. It's very IB to instill some international mindedness -- am I talking like a teacher from an IB candidate school???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home