Sunday cooking!
















Yesterday I had asked MacLean to look for a couple of recipes in her cookbook she got for Christmas so we could buy the ingredients when we grocery shopped last night before meeting my parents for dinner at Kelsey's. It was fun she picked a crepe recipe and a fruit ice cube treat.
We picked up the ingredients and we were going to tackle them after church today. I was also wanting to make a creamy potato soup in the crockpot. I have really been working on buying what I need for recipes and cooking to that instead of picking up "stuff". So I picked four recipes plus the soup that we will tackle and share with mom and dad. They are leaving in a week or so and I always miss them so much that I like to feed them lots before they go for two months to Florida. We are lucky this year we will be going down on March Break but that seems so far away.
So we started with the crepe recipe which had bananas, maple syrup and icing sugar. The actual crepe recipe didn't work but I quickly hopped online to find one on all recipes which worked perfectly. I also have a small frying pan so it was great. We had fun making them, getting all the stuff cut and ready. When they were ready MacLean folded them and we topped them with icing sugar and popped them into the over for about 13 minutes. This was great as it made the bananas melt and become fused with the maple syrup. It was so great, then MacLean worked on her fruit ice cubes while I got the potato soup ready for the crockpot. It was a busy time but boy oh boy we had fun!
Now off to prepare Chinese food for dinner.
Shauna


2 Comments:
Yummmmmm. Those crepes look great! When I look online for a recipe I need to make quickly I always type "easy" in front of whatever it is. Because who wants to be in the kitchen for hours. I've found some of my favourites that way!
Hope it all tasted as good as it looks.
I love your Julie and Julia blogs now -- the cooking adventures of the Press girls -
I did a recipe from Looney spoons last weekend that was great -- for chicken called "Dilly Beloved" you guessed it lemon dill chicken -- LOVED it.
Thanks for sending me your stew and soup recipe - can't wait to try them.
Well done Mac with the crepes -- very adventurous...
Post a Comment
<< Home