Sunday, November 15, 2009

More Collingwood Fun!














I am thinking that I may take MacLean skiing this winter. She has expressed an interested and I did some skiing while growing up so we will see about some lessons at Kissing Bridge over the river. Anyway back to the fun, we ended our evening with an hour long outdoor hot tub. The girls moved between both outdoor and indoor pools while Janet and I mostly stayed in the hot tub and chatted. We did surprise the girls by jumping into the outdoor pool and going on the waterslide which is outside. The water was a bit chilly and the air was cold. But fun hitting the water with steam rising up it is so much fun to swim outside when it is cold. We enjoyed another movie called Taking Woodstock and it was the "real" story about what happened in 1969 with that crazy music festival. It was an interesting movie and we both enjoyed it. So nice to sit and relax and enjoy a movie. The girls went to bed around 10 pm. and when our movie was done Janet moved Kate onto the yucky pullout couch. I slept better in the bedroom but the bed wasn't that comfortable. Oh well it was a better sleep. This morning it was cool and overcast but the girlies were anxious to get to the outdoor pool. I had showered and packed most of the car so I took the girls down for a dip in the pool. I enjoyed reading my book and watching the girls. Oh yeah I also had a wonderful Starbucks coffee to ease the chilliness in the air.
We headed back up finished packing and said our goodbyes in the underground garage.

This was a great weekend that ended with a three hour drive home. MacLean's new DVD player hasn't worked since we got it so we stopped at three Wal Marts before finding one that had a replacement. Once we did that we had a bite to eat on the run and headed for home.

It is always great to go away but sweeter to come back home.

Enjoy the last of the pictures!
Shauna and MacLean

2 Comments:

At November 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Blogger Anne Marie and Julia Devine said...

the skiing option is a great one -- there's her winter sport -- and that's a great thing you two can do together -- poor Julia has to rely on her Aurora mom, Moe for that.

did you and Janet make itto the pool??/

 
At November 18, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Blogger Donna said...

There you go having fun again! I really enjoy all the pics from your fun adventures. I've never been skiing, but it sounds like such a fun trip. Athough, for me, after a few spills I'd be by the fireplace sipping my Starbucks peppermint mocha! ;)

Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home