Monday, October 26, 2009

Alpha Course!
















Since joining my new church I have wanted to participate in a small group of some sort to meet others and explore Christianity more. I have gone to church on and off my whole life and have never really felt that connected. I am at a time in my life where I want to be more connected to my faith. Our church was offering a Wed night Alpha course so I decided to join the group. I went on a whim to tell the lady after church that I would like to sign up. It is a free program and is designed to explore the Christian Faith over a 10 week period. After the first night which consisted of a lovely meal, video and discussion I thought my mom would enjoy coming. This would give MacLean time with my dad and mom and I could go to the course together. So we have been going and it has been wonderful. I feel more connected and want to learn more each time I leave the Wed. night class. This past Sunday we had a half day retreat to explore the Holy Spirit in more depth. The day was spent at the church of our minister's wife. We arrived and it was sunny, the trees were beautiful and the location ideal. I have enjoyed getting to know all of the people in our group. some go to an early service our church has, some go to the service I attend and a couple don't go to our church so it is a great group.

We started the afternoon with homemade soup a couple from the church prepared all our meals. Then we watched the first DVD. After the DVD we had tea and a homemade muffin and then went for a 45 minute walk through the cemetery and church grounds. What a glorious day. We then watched two more DVDs and ended with a discussion and a lovely dinner. It came at a time when I definitely needed a distraction and time to just enjoy!

I have included a few pictures of our afternoon and wonderful retreat. I look forward to the last half of the course and hope that the group will continue to be in touch after the course.

Enjoy!
Shauna

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Blogger Anne Marie and Julia Devine said...

what a wonderful opportunity for you --

and time with your mom -- that's another gift for sure.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pics of the day.

I'm craving a homemade muffin and some autumnal soup now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home