Spring Planting!












Well, it is that time of year again and we set out this morning to pick up my parents SUV to go to the nurseries to get our plants for our front pots. I tend to do pots as my soil in the ground isn't great and I love pots. First MacLean and i went to our local Valu-Mart to get some soil and found some cute wicker planters. MacLean also picked up some English daisies and some snapdragons. Then we headed to our local Seaway Farms to pick up some hanging baskets and the rest of our plants. When we got home I went and got the wheelbarrow loaded it with soil and then it was off to the races. I did a couple of pots but quickly got distracted by the thousands of little weeds in the garden YUCK. So MacLean continued to work and planted all 13 pots on her own. She has a keen eye for knowing what looks good together and just got the job done. I had bought her a pair of gardening gloves and she was happy as a clam. After we were done the pots I went in to make us a yummy lunch of quesedillas. After lunch I went out and down to our local store to buy some cedar mulch. This was going to be the finishing touch to our great day. We spent over 6 hours working on the gardens out front and they look great. Next will be to tackle some of the issues in the backyard. I will do that another weekend. This was a great time and we loved spending time together working on making our home look pretty. I finished the day hanging the flag back up in the tree and fixing the garage door opener so that was a bonus.
Enjoy the pictures! Have a great rest of the weekend. I am off to see Jersey Boys with mom and dad tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Shauna


4 Comments:
You put me to shame --- I was excited that I got the grass cut yesterday after 3 weekends away and no lawn mower (in for repair).
Wonderful work, Maclean.
You house will be a wonderful stop on the summer driving tour of NOL.
And the rain to today will be all you need. Julia and I will be out in it today tacking the gardens. She's excited to work in the rain.
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
Good work, you two! It looks terrific - doesn't it feel great to get accomplished?
Hey Shauna, was your firend performing when you went to see Jersey Boys? Because I think I saw him (and all the Jersey Boys leads from around the world) perform at the Tony Awards in New York last week??!!
Lianne
Post a Comment
<< Home