Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!







Yesterday at school all the talk was about the impending snow storm. As usual I went to bed and was up many times to check on the snow and if it was coming. When I woke up this morning it hadn't started but the board of ed had cancelled the buses so they were bracing for the storm. I took MacLean to school and I had no kids due to the buses and no parents braved the weather to bring them in. so we enjoyed a couple of hours of working, drinking coffee and visiting. We don't ever get to do that when our kids are there. Then as the storm worsened the school got the call that the school was closing. So I quick got my stuff together and got MacLean and Alexa her friend and left. We dropped Alexa off and then made the journey home. It took over and hour to get home. Yuck the drive was gross. I then got my jammies on and made lunch before we settled down on the couch to watch Deck the Halls. I had a roaring fire, a hot cup of tea and my daughter by my side. It has been a great way to start the holidays. Enjoy the pics of our snowy afternoon.

Shauna

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Blogger Lianne said...

We just posted snow picture on our blog too - love the chocolate marshmallows in your post, though - send some our way, MacLean!

It's holiday time!!!!

Love Lianne, Bryanna and Cassidy

 
At December 22, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Blogger mosey (kim) said...

Snow days... how I loved 'em. Grilled cheese sandwiches and hot tomato soup and no school!

cheers Shauna!
kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home