Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day!
























What a blessing it is to have our whole family together in Ottawa. It was a wonderful gift for MacLean to wake up and see her Santa gifts with all the cousins. It was so much fun. The kids got all they asked for and more. We had a lovely breakfast prepared by yours truly. It was a french toast with cranberries and a hash brown casserole. Yummy if I do say so myself! Then we spent the day drinking coffee, opening gifts, chatting and enjoying each others company. Then It was time to prepare the bird and the meal. My sister Alison did an amazing job. It was a lovely dinner, the kids sat in the dining room and we sat in the kitchen. It was lots of fun. Great food, good company and great conversation. After dinner we decided to play a game my sister got from our good friends Jan and Bill. It was called Mental Floss. Well I will tell you that I haven't laughed so hard in years. I could hardly catch my breath at times. We had a blast and at about 11:30 we called it a day. We also have a tradition of taking a picture of the moms and the kids so those pics are included. Enjoy!

On Boxing day we hung out at home, then took the kids to see Bedtime Stories, which is a tradition on Boxing day we always take the kids to see a movie. Then back home to grab the kids suits and take them to my parents hotel for a quick swim. After we returned Matt, Joel, my dad, Ainslee and I headed out to the Civic Centre to catch a game of the Junior World Hockey Championships. We saw Sweden play Finland. It was a great game and we had lots of fun.

Sat. morning we got organized to leave at 10:30am to catch the train home with my parents. We got home around 8:30 last night. What a wonderful Christmas we had.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays and we will be back soon.

love and peace.
Shauna and MacLean xo

5 Comments:

At December 28, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Blogger Anne Marie and Julia Devine said...

Oh my -- what a jam packed getaway -- glad you had fun! great shots -- getting crowded on that chair as the kids get bigger -- but a lovely tradition.

The breakfast treats looked yummy -- are we to have an encore for new years? mmmmmmm

glad you're back safe and sound.

 
At December 28, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Blogger mosey (kim) said...

I sometimes think the breakfasts around Christmas are even better than the big ticket dinner! What a great celebration with the family - looks like a lovely time was had by all.

Thanks for sharing, Shauna! Have a wonderful New Year!!

kim

 
At January 10, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Blogger park it said...

Hi Marsha
I use LumaPix...I also use photoshop for the scrapbook type pages but lumapix for the quick - I want to post a handful of pics together...

Good luck and thansk for stopping on by...
Carol in Florida
www.lumapix.com

 
At January 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Blogger Global Girl said...

Great to have found your blog!

I live in Ontario as well :)

 
At January 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Blogger mel66 said...

fab pix - everyone looks healthy and happy and great. so happy you had such a great Christmas. xo mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home